“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” - Darwin
Heading into the second-half, the New York Yankees are the best team in baseball.
A 52-33 record earned the Bombers a 7-game lead in the AL East, which sounds more comfortable when in actuality it is not much. Remember this is mid-July, not early September and there are still 80+ games left to play.
Here are some facts and uncertainties to keep in mind as the Yankees try to stay ahead on the Road to October.
QUICK NOTES / FACTS:
- Yankees have 77 regular season games left to play in the 2012.
- 40 games are at home, and 37 on the road.
- Yankees winning percentage vs. 2nd half opponents = .505
- If the season ended today, the Yankees would be playing the winner of the Wild Card game between the Angels and Orioles.
- Yankees scored 412 runs in the first-half and 209, or 50.7% were from home-runs.
- If the Bombers can keep up this pace (134 HRs), they are on track to hit 255 homers in the regular season.(…)
Read the rest of New York Yankees: Road to October